• Over the past ten years tourism has increased over 500%. The national tourism market maintains a 7.1% annual growth rate. More than one million tourists visit Costa Rica every year of which 48% come from the USA, 16% from Europe and 36% from other countries.
• Tropical and mountain rainforest, seven active and dormant volcanoes and two coastlines make Costa Rica is one of the preferred ecological and nature hotspots.
• Costa Rica is home to 5% of the Earth´s known species and over 9000 species of plants including 1400 species of orchids, in a country the size of West Virginia in the USA.
• Great weather year-round, with an average temperature of 89° F on the Pacific Coast
• Excellent, affordable health care by U.S.-trained, English speaking physicians using state-of-the-art medical equipment. Many people come to Costa Rica from around the world for affordable surgery.